Monday, March 23, 2009

Pray Without Ceasing


Pray Without Ceasing Our next theme would be about Prayers. I will share verses with word(s) containing the root word "pray". So the word maybe prayers, praying, prayerful and anyword with "pray" in it.

To begin with, let us start with the easiest verse. Our memory verse for today is in I Thessalonians 5:17. The Word of God says, "Pray without ceasing."

Even when I was still a kid, I always hear this verse, "pray without ceasing." But I do not fully understand it. Only when the word "cease" was added to my vocabulary, I realized the meaning of the verse. But another question popped-up in my mind? Is a non-stop praying possible? Then God allows me to read an article which answers this question. The answer is YES. Praying is talking to GOD. As the acronym ACTS implies, it is an Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, and Supplication. And these things can be done simultaneously with the other things that we are doing. We can silently pray while we are riding on a bus going to our office or school. We can think God's goodness when we feel the heat of the sun on our skin. We can say always say Thank you Lord whatever we do or we can silently request God to give us favor before men whenever we meet new people. We can do it if only we are determined to do it.


God wants us to continuously communicate with HIM.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Daily Memory Verse Copyright © 2009 All About Green Customized By Online Mommy's Corner | Originated from SimplyWP
| Elements used from Twin Moms Scrap,Scraps of Ellay and Shabby Princess