Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hebrews 12:28


Our God is a consuming fire
Today's memory verse is a verse shared by the young people's adviser in our church. The passage is found in Hebrews 12:13 - 14. The Word of God says "Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. For our God is a consuming fire."

This verse reminded me that everything that I've done for the Lord like going to church, reading my bible, performing my ministry, participating in church activities, giving my tithes and offering, and all other activities will come to nothing if I've done them without faith.They become as filthy rags in the sight of God and will not be acceptable for the most High God. They will all be burned for our God is a consuming fire. Only one thing will please God, and that is faith.

May the Lord help me to have faith that pleases God and grace that I may serve my God acceptably.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Daily Memory Verse Copyright © 2009 All About Green Customized By Online Mommy's Corner | Originated from SimplyWP
| Elements used from Twin Moms Scrap,Scraps of Ellay and Shabby Princess