Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Isaiah 9:6


Today's memory verse is one of the first verses I learned in Sunday School. I learned it when I was still a kid. But sometimes my memory fails to re-compose it correctly in my mind so I go back on this verse and refresh my memory of the right wordings.

This verse is a prophecy of the birth of our Saviour Jesus Christ. God's promise that a Saviour will be born was first stated in Genesis (the seed). But it seems that his chosen nation keep on forgetting his promise. HE constantly remind them of this precious promise.

This is verse is one of the many verses in the Bible that declares that Jesus Christ (For unto us a child is born) is God. He is a mighty God. His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father and the Prince of peace.

This prophecy was fulfilled. Jesus Christ was born through a virgin. He suffered the worst death that a person can ever have to save a sinful man like me.

The entire verse says "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

This is a promise that a deliverer will be born to bring salvation unto mankind. This promise was directly given to the Israelites. But when they rejected Him (and the salvation), the salvation was also offered to the Gentiles.

I am blessed and thankful indeed that God opened my eyes to understand the way of Salvation. He opened my eyes to accept and appreciate the best gift I can ever have, the everlasting life (John 3:16).

How about you? Do you have the peace of mind that when you leave this world, you will be with our Maker eternally?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Daily Memory Verse Copyright © 2009 All About Green Customized By Online Mommy's Corner | Originated from SimplyWP
| Elements used from Twin Moms Scrap,Scraps of Ellay and Shabby Princess